A few random thoughts that I collected over the last few days - thought of penning (or keyboarding rather) them down here.
I dont feel like working!
All the talk about my brother and snow earlier brought me fond memories of my childhood when we used to save all our pocket money to buy Tintin books. Whats that got to do with snow? Remember Tintin's dog's name? My brother used to be Tintin in those days and I was his able assistant, Snowy. My brother wanted me in on the deal to buy the books so that he could use my share of the pocket money as well. And I was a little trickster myself. Although I enjoyed those books, I would sometimes tell my brother that I didnt understand what was in the book and so, I enjoyed the time when I got him to read it for me. I guess it was mainly because I dont think he would have approved if I had directly asked him to read it to me. Thats the way we always used to love one another in our family. Nothing that is too mushy. We dont openly say it, but we know it and do things for one another as long as it is just in our hearts and not too evident.
What do you do when the tap goes drip, drip, drip? You try to do something about it, as you have been taught that water, like many other things, is a precious commodity. As I lay down to sleep yesterday, with my hand on my forehead, I heard a significantly similar sound. This time, though, it was my wristwatch that was making this sound. A strange thought crossed my mind then. Time is also such an, if not the most, important commodity. And I feel that I am wasting it away. Agreed that I cannot stop the flow of time like I can with the water in the tap, but I feel I am not doing anything useful with it at present.
There are so many meetings scheduled here that I guess their favorite song should be "Tumse milne ko dil karta hai, re baba, tumse milne ko dil karta hai..."
Knowledge is the essence of life. Gyaan praapt karo aur gyaan baanto. Gyaan baantne se badhta hai.
I feel everyone is selfish. Everyone does things to make them happy. Some like to earn money, become famous, have carnal pleasures, etc. Some people like to make others happy, but they do so because doing so makes them happy as well. So, finally, I dont feel so bad since I always knew that I am quite selfish. At least, I dont try to exploit others. I dont have ill feelings towards anyone, unless of course they knowingly try to harm me. Even then, I dont try to harm them myself. I just dont wish for their good health as much then. But generally, I just hope that everyone does well in whatever they want.
I am not really hungry for money, but I do look forward to salary day for some reason. Ok, I got my onsite salary for this month. But, I need to wait another 2 days before I get my offshore salary. The reason for it is that although this is the month of February, since this is a leap year, there is this one extra day - 29th Feb. Come to think of it, this would be the last Feb 29th for me in my twenties. Gawd! The countdown has already begun!! And come 2009... oh, 2009!! Get it? 1979... 2009... I will be 30 then!! Past my youth, and into the primes. My brother would be 35 then, and in another 5 years, he would be 40. Gosh, thats old! How can he become 40 years old so soon? It was just yesterday when we had our childhood squabbles. Come to look at it, I guess the age 20 to 40 is the best in a man's life, at least I think so. Under 20, you are just not sure what to do. I know I am still not sure about that even at this age, but when under 20, you feel that way all the time. I just wasnt feeling strong enough when being a teenager. Life was just a big mess of problems then. I guess all teenagers feel that way, even that your family is conspiring against you. Why are you parents being so nice to you sometimes? Are they aliens? Are they feeding you to eat you up sometime later? Gosh, the awful thoughts! They are the best folks in this world now. 20s is the best. I feel at the top of my health. Agreed, I dont run around a lot like I used to when I was a kid, but I know I can run all the 10 miles from home to office (or better still, from office to home) if I needed to. Going back to the thought of age 40, it looks like life is done then, at least from a position of being proud of your health. So, now, I guess its time to say thank you God for giving me this health... agreed with a few minor problems, like one of my teeth hurts some times. But, I see lots of people who dont have a limb, are deaf/blind/lame. That would be so awful. As they say, you value your eyes only when you lose them. So, let me say I am so thankful to be so healthy. But, again, 40!! I hope I find the purpose of my life at least before that.
About money, I just realized last month that I became a millionaire. Yes, thats right, but in Indian rupees. Of course, not all of that is liquid right away, since a part of it is invested. But, I am not counting my assets (stuff that i bought) or the profits that come out of my investments. Wow, I am so rich! Why do I want to have more money? I havent yet thought about being concerned about getting money. Let me just do my job. Thats all that matters now. I used to think money will come on its own (like it has) and that later, I can concentrate on doing things in my job that will get me more money, that is if I ever feel the need to. Thankfully, I now feel I wont ever feel that need. Hope that feeling continues. After all, how much money is enough money? I know a friend of mine who feels that her monthly allowance is enough. And that is less than the (positive) square root of my offshore monthly salary! So, all that matters is how you differentiate the needs and the wants. If you can live within your means, you are rich!
What could be wrong if all people are transparent with their thoughts? Would that be bad? I say this because I know many people just smile at you and then have ill feelings about you in their mind. It all comes out sometime, and when it does, you feel so bad. Feelings of what did I do to deserve such a feeling from this person? I just wish that all people can just be frank and straightforward to express their feelings about others. I dont like all the faces people put up. Maybe, thats why they say the world is a stage. But then, if the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting? Good joke, but that wasnt original, I am afraid. But hey, I am being frank here. Modesty is not my strength, but at least I dont take up credit for things I dont do. By the way, the modesty part is an original. Yep, I sure like that. I am so proud of myself. Heheh. "Modesty is not my strength."
Who says one cant learn a few things from cricket interviews? First, the funny one. When asked about how it was to play with all the youngsters around him, Sachin said age was never a factor. It just matters how well you play. Because when he was sixteen, nobody was bowling slow to him just because he was young. LOL. Good one. Now, the more serious one. Wasim akram said that when he used to play as a youngster, all he used to think about was how to become the number one bowler in the world. That set me thinking. Is there something like the number one developer or technical architect in the world? Hmm, perhaps not. Then, what should I do? Should I change my career?
Thats it for now. Later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment