Saturday, February 2, 2008

Good Start

What is it about the first day of the year, the month or even a week? On the same lines, what is it about your birthday that stirs up this feeling of "ok, starting this day, I am going to..."? Resolutions! Why do we conjure up some imaginary time-stone to start off on a new decision?

Well, believe it or not, I am a mere mortal and I fall into this trap as well. So, before I see the time tick past the end of January '08, I tell myself that I would do certain things better in the coming month. And within minutes, I already have a list of things that I would like to do on the first day of the new month.

And now, at the end of the first day of this new month, I look back at all that I have accomplished.
1. Watch an AB movie - Sholay, for the umpteenth time - check.
2. Watch cricket - India lost badly to Australia, and worse, Sachin didnt play this game - check.
3. Change sim in phone - check.
4. Call home - check.
5. Inform family and friends about new phone number - check.
6. Visit the laundromat. - check
7. Make dinner - ah, methi rotis, and after such a long time. I am my favorite cook when I decide to do that. Narcissist? Sometimes, I guess. But, it tastes good, the rotis, perhaps more so because of all the energy spent to prepare it. Ahh, fulfilling! -check.
8. Write a blog - in progress. Err, where do I put the check on that? :-)

Overall, a good start. But, I still have plenty of to-do things on my list. Hmm. Later.

No comments: