It has been quite a busy month. So busy that I hardly realized it. I had just enough time to put a blog entry at the beginning of this month. So, here I am again to salvage my record.
So, what kept me busy? Work, to be frank. There was enough of it that I used to lose my sleep over it. What I mean is with the work timings, I used to go to sleep late and also had to get up early. 6 AM in the morning would just be normal for many people, but that time is way too early. In fact, when I was on my way to work one of these days, I saw a big orange ball of fire in the sky looking directly at me. Thats when I realized that it had been quite some time since I had seen the sun rise, or quite simply - sunrise. The only time I saw sunrise in the last few years had been when I would burn all of the midnight oil and leave the workplace at dawn. I know that my parents still wake up very early, even during their retired life, seemingly trying to outpace the sun and as if to say "Lets see who gets up first". Its just a matter of habit for them. But for me, the few extra minutes (which sometimes turns into a few extra hours) of sleep in the early morning is just golden, too costly to sell or settle for anything else. But for some vague reason, I kept getting up sluggishly every morning this month and went to work.
Its not as if the work was that interesting. It was just a matter of untangling the knots. And since last week has seen many of the knots being untangled, I am relatively relieved. Or should I say, was? Because this weekend saw a few more events that got me a bit worried again. Well, stuff happens. And thats what keeps the ball rolling. Many a times I wonder why I dont work on the important things that I have in mind. Perhaps I just try to finish off all the mundane tasks so that I can focus on the important ones. In the last few days, I told myself to take care of the important tasks first. The rest of the small stuff were then easier to brush off in the remaining time.
Another fact that I realized over these days was that I had just stopped doing anything just because in recent months I wasnt getting rewarded for working hard. But as some great mind has said, the harder I try, the luckier I get. So, let me just keep working hard and not worry about the result. But in doing so, one has to take a step backward once in a while and ask whether what I am doing is right. Is there a better way to do this? Or should I do something else instead? Well, that is what I have been doing this past weekend. And although I got more than my share of failures during these days, I also got quite a few tasks done, which have been pending for quite some months.
I know I have been holding my cards too close for you (the reader) to get anything substantial out of all this, but bear with me for now. More about it as I come to know the results.
Ok, time for me to put some more tangible points on this post now.
But, before that an ice-breaker. Warning - original joke ahead. If I have to give a gift, I would give a felt tipped pen. Why? Because its said that you need to make your presents (presence) felt.
We are so much obsessed with round figures. Do you really think about 32 as a benchmark number? Well, usually no, unless you are counting your teeth. But then, 32 fahrenheit is zero celsius. And, thats the benchmark figure here in Minneapolis when we want to find out if the weather is warm enough. Its officially spring here, but its still snowing all around. I guess I would like to look ahead to summer then.
Oh, one of the things I got working this weekend was getting my new digicam. It a Sony again. The last one had some irrepairable damage done to it in the torrential rains of Kerala. And the estimated repair costs exceeded the price of this new one. So, understandably, I got the new one. Couple of events coming up within a week where I can use this beauty. Looking forward to it.
Thats it for now. Will come back soon with more thoughts. My, the word count here exceeds my expectations! Let me pat my back. Ow, its that much more difficult after a workout.
Later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment